Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thursday night paintout

L is asleep early for once. I pour myself a glass of lemonade and gin.
Grab some brushes, paint, water, paper and all is well. Painting
mostly with a squirrel mop, a WN synthetic 1" flat and a #4 rigger. Experimenting with new
color mixes and using my brushes differently. I know I'm out of
practice. I warm up for an hour or so until my arm, hand and brush are
friends again and ready to flex in new ways. Those paintings you won't see. But this last spread I'm happy with a few parts. Working with a $3 Utrecht #4 rigger I got today. I like painting rock details with a rigger and it's always more versatile than I remember. It also helps that I don't have to work tomorrow, otherwise this night is no different than any others, so why can't I paint every night once she is alseep?

No comments: